Daffodil Tea (in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care)
Please come along and join us on Saturday, 25th March 2017 (10am – 12noon) at Chryston Cultural Centre, G69 9DL. Read more
Getting started with the Bible
Have you opened the Bible and not known where to begin? Check out our Bible basics – a series of Bible truths that are the foundation of what this great book teaches us.
Also look out for our regular podcasts on how the Bible relates to things happening in the world today.
- It’s 2 and a half minutes to midnight. What’s the future for our world?30th January 2017“It is now 2 and a half minutes to midnight”. According to the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, that is. They describe the Doomsday clock as a metaphor for how close humanity is to destroying the world. The clock was first set in 1947, …
- Make Room in 2017 (part 1)16th January 2017I don’t know if you’ve noticed this but, for me, as I get older, time seems to go by more quickly. I must not be alone as there are several scientific theories as to why that’s the case. Until one of them enables us to slow down time I’m not sure …
- The Birth of Jesus25th December 2016Recently I was wandering around one of those Christmas markets that have become trendy in recent years and was not in the mood for buying any presents. All I could really feel was extreme cold and a sense of irritation at terrible songs being …
- Follow the star20th December 2016In the very first page of the Bible, all we are told about the stars is that God made the stars also (Gen 1.16), as the King James version puts it. Quite possibly the biggest understatement of all time! To the naked eye on a clear night, away from …
- Making Preparations8th December 2016For the first time in my life, I’m one of the smug people who, at the beginning of December, has (almost) DONE the Christmas shopping! I have never been this prepared for Christmas before ever. I might even start wrapping things soon (not …